Rules and requirements covering driver qualifications, hours of service, drug testing, and accident reporting change constantly. Audits and fines are occurring with greater frequency. Stay on top – become a Technical Support Service member. Members are always informed on the ever-changing and confusing U.S. DOT safety regulations. Each component of the service is designed to keep you in compliance with the FMCSR.
- FREE MANAGEMENT EDITION: When you sign up as a member for this service, you will receive a copy of the Management Edition of the U.S. DOT Safety Regulations. This manual contains all the regulations you need, in a 3-ring binder. And when you renew your membership, you will receive an updated version of this publication, unlike so many other services where current subscribers are cheated out of a freebie.
- FEDERAL REGISTER REPRINTS: This daily government publication contains information that applies to everyone in the industry and is available to anyone from the Government Printing Office for an annual subscription price of over $900.00. As a Technical Support Service member, you will receive applicable Federal Register reprints as part of the annual membership fee. This way you have new, changed, and proposed regulations as soon as they are released from the government. When a new or changed rule is proposed, the government may request public comments. As a member, you have the opportunity to voice your opinion directly to the government.
- THE WHEEL NEWS: Our monthly newsletter has informative and concise articles on transportation safety. Topics range from congressional passage of transportation bills, to state rules, to new record keeping requirements. Also included are articles on the regulations contained in the Federal Registers that were mailed to members in the previous month. Monthly features are average diesel fuel prices, commentaries from Wyatt Hammond, and staff member views on transportation.
- UNLIMITED TELEPHONE SUPPORT: Membership allows you to call our technical staff to discuss questions or problems you may have with the federal safety regulations – and we pay for the phone call. Our staff is expertly trained in the interstate safety regulations, so you will receive the right answer to your question and find out how your operation is affected by the rules. If we don’t know the answer, we will do the necessary research, and return your call with a complete and accurate answer.
- MEMBERSHIP FEE: The annual membership fee of $285.00 includes a free Management Edition of the U.S. DOT Safety Regulations, Federal Register reprints, monthly issues of The Wheel News, and unlimited telephone support. Membership renewal notices are sent each year. Available only to firms that own or operate commercial motor equipment.